High Selective SPACER
High selective spacer or warm edging for doube glazed windows is used when instead of commonly used aluminium spacer, one with improved thermal characteristics is used. Rollplast High Selective Spacer is made of PVC or stainless steel, since these materials have lesser thermal conductivity. Coeficient of thermal conductivity of double glazed windows with high spacer could be lessened with around 7%, while reducing the risk of formation of condensation on the edges of the glass.
By using spacers, the risk of formation of condensation and mold on the inner side of the windows is reduced.
HEAT INSULATION OF A WINDOW:
UW FORMULA for calculating thermal conductivity of a ready window:
Uw - Heat Transfer Coefficient of the window
- Ug - Heat Transfer Coefficient of the glazing
- Uf - heat transfer coefficient of the profile (frame and wing)
- Ψg-linear coefficient of heat transfer of the spacer
- Ig - total length of the spacer
- Ag - total glass area
- Af - surface profile (frame and wing)
- Uw calculated according to the formula (1)
- Ug - provided by the glass manufacturer
- Uf provided by profile manufacturer